Urban Beauty Collective

#1 Network for Urban Beauty Professionals and The People They Inspire

What do you guy's think about kid's in the Salon that are not receiving a service?

Deanna

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that if kids are not getting a service, the parents should leave them home. In my salon/day spa no kids are allowed period.. I feel that working clients come in to relax and be pampered that's what they pay for. not listening to sit down!, shut up!. And staff can't bring their kids to work .
Great question sis. I make it clear to my clients that if you aren't being serviced this is not the hang out spot. This ain't the club. That includes kids and your husband too who wants to sit up and watch while we work or hang out. Nope.

Just like Bamboo says people come in here to relax. I try to respect that at all times.

Do you allow kids? If so, how do you manage them? I'm interested to know.
I prefer kids to stay at home as well. It gives the client a more relaxing experience and I can work better.
However I have two beautiful kids myself so I understand the deliemma clients have for child care at times, so I do allow kids in my salon. I make it clear that I am not responsible if they get hurt and I ask the parents to bring them games, books, etc...to keep then occupied. It works out fine for the most part however I am no stranger to telling a kid that is out of line to "Sat down" ...lol I have no probelm stepping in if the parent wont.
Well here's my opinion about kids in the shop....I really don't like it but I do understand if our clients have to bring them., reason being when my kids were younger there were times I had to take them to work with me, so I don't stop them from bringing their kids but they know they have to keep them under control and like many..when they don't I do.....It's a place for relaxing and getting pampered but sometimes people don't have a choice, also I need all my clients and I don't want to run them away, and after all my years of working I really haven't had any issues with their kids.
If they know how to behave it's ok, it's those busy body one's that i don't think should be there.
I am worried about the liability when it comes to children at the salon.

Deonna said:
I prefer kids to stay at home as well. It gives the client a more relaxing experience and I can work better. However I have two beautiful kids myself so I understand the deliemma clients have for child care at times, so I do allow kids in my salon. I make it clear that I am not responsible if they get hurt and I ask the parents to bring them games, books, etc...to keep then occupied. It works out fine for the most part however I am no stranger to telling a kid that is out of line to "Sat down" ...lol I have no probelm stepping in if the parent wont.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home of Urban Beauty Collective, a national network of 12,000 black salons & barbershops providing in-salon entertainment since 2003.

DREAMING ABOUT

FEATURE: VANISHING PEARLS NOW AVAILABLE ON NETFLIX!

ICONOGRAPHY

The 2012 Sundance Best Director Winner MIDDLE OF NOWHERE's Official Theatrical Trailer. Check www.affrm.com for a theater near you!

UBC PRO OF THE MONTH

Congratulations to our featured Pro of the Month:
Melva Williams of Irving, TX.

Melva has stayed very interactive in the Urban Beauty Collective community by uploading her style photos, blogs and interacting with existing members! Props to you, Melva, for your great work. We support you!

UBC-TV'S FEATURED SALON OF THE MONTH

Congratulations Bamboo Hair Studio of Jacksonville, FL, UBC Salon of the Month!

Now, to be considered for the featured shop of the month, call us toll free and tell us why your salon or barbershop is the bomb by dialing 800-656-0256. Next time, we could be featuring your shop!
BAMBOO HAIR STUDIO
121 E. 8th Street, Ste 9
Jacksonville, FL 32206

UBC on Facebook

UBC-TV - Free In-Salon Entertainment!

Want to sign-up your shop? Just drop a line to Tilane Jones of UBC at ubcisfabulous@gmail.com.

© 2021   Created by Urban Beauty Collective.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service